“I think [the bicycle] has done more to emancipate women than any one thing in the world. I rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a bike. It gives her a feeling of self-reliance and independence the moment she takes her seat; and away she goes, the picture of untrammelled womanhood.”
— Susan B Anthony
Cycling provides excellent health, environment, and social benefits, and it is our mission to keep riders safe and happy both on and off the bike. Many riders report pain or performance barriers, which can be prevented through proper bike biomechanics. The Trail PT offers bike positioning services for clients of all riding types and abilities. We can help you achieve a safe and sustainable riding position, accelerate your training potential through improved efficiency and economy, and increase your love of riding.
What to expect at a bike fit:
- Flexibility and Strength Screen We are physical therapists before bike mechanics, therefore we look at your body’s strengths and weaknesses on and off the bike. We will provide you with your individual results so you have a reference of where you started, and where you can go!
- Static and Dynamic Cyclist Position Assessment We measure your joint angles and position on the bike, as well as your pedaling technique and body movement while you spin. This gives us a full perspective on what the source of your pain, discomfort, or performance barriers.
- Equipment Adjustments and Recommendations We will adjust your saddle, handlebars and pedals as necessary to get you in a safe and comfortable position. We are just as comfortable fitting road bikes as commuting bikes. If you require different equipment we will support you in the process.
- Exercise and Technique Training With our indepth screening and assessment, we almost always see areas our clients can improve their performance. We will provide you with individualized exercises which you can perform on and off your bike to keep you pedaling happy!
Common conditions a bike fit can improve:
- Pain in saddle region, knees, shoulder, wrists, neck, back
- Numbness or tingling in arms and legs
- Muscle imbalances
- Breathing inefficiency
- Balance disorders